A scrapbook of words and pictures from the year (2011) I try to convince my kids chicken nuggets are not a food group. With various other odd things thrown in, here and there.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cookie Monsters

Another way I'm trying improve our diets is baking and making more of our "treat" food and not buying store-bought cookies and sweets.

But my God, you guys, the cookies my family is going through! I'm not sure if the ones I'm making are better than the Little Debbie's they were used to or if they WERE REALLY EATING THAT MANY SWEETS A DAY!

I made a large batch of oatmeal raisin cookies on Saturday and a batch of World Peace Chocolate cookies on Monday (because the oatmeal raisins were gone).

Today (Wednesday), there are no more cookies in my house.

People, I am used to making a batch of cookies a month, much less two a week!

This means one of two things:

  • We are going to get more healthy because we are going to be eating less sweets (because we run out of them mid-week).
  • I am going to have to buy at least one box of something store-bought to mix in with the homemade sweets.

I'll let you know what happens!
Oh, and these cookies - they really could broker a World Peace.....

No comments:

Post a Comment